Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood blamed the Zionist entity’s intelligence agency, Mossad, for Sunday's deadly attack near Egypt's border with the Gaza Strip which killed 16 Egyptian border guards.
The Brotherhood stressed that attempts to thwart Egypt's revolution and subsequent democratic transition had "escalated after the people successfully elected a new president and a new government was successfully drawn up."
"Forces both within and outside Egypt have been exerting efforts to abort [Egypt's] people's revolution because of the threat it poses to certain entrenched interests," the movement declared in a Monday statement.
The Brotherhood went on to assert that "several groups" had been plotting to hinder Egypt's progress by "instigating problems and inciting unrest with the aim of halting President Mohamed Morsi's project for national revival."
The statement added that the Zionist media had been quick to blame groups based in Gaza for the "terrorist attack that killed dozens of our brothers, Egyptian soldiers, in a criminal act by commandeering vehicles in an attempt to cross to the Zionist border."
ZIONIST ENTITY RETURNS ATTACKERS BODIES
The Zionist entity has returned to Egypt the bodies of "between six and eight" gunmen involved in Sinai attack, a military spokesman said on Tuesday.
Speaking to AFP, he said that some of the bodies had been so badly torn apart by explosives that it was impossible to be sure how many there were.
"There were between six and eight bodies," he said.
"One or more of the terrorists had explosives on them and they exploded. For now it's unclear how many terrorists there were."
The remains were sent back overnight, the military added.