Syria refused on Tuesday the Qatari proposal of deploying troops in the country in order to end the unrest.
"Syria rejects the statements of officials of Qatar on sending Arab troops to worsen the crisis... and paves the way for foreign intervention," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
“The Syrian people refuse any foreign intervention in any name. They will oppose any attempt to undermine the sovereignty of Syria and the integrity of its territory," the statement said.
"It would be regrettable for Arab blood to flow on Syria's territory to serve known (interests)," the ministry added, without elaborating.
The statement also appealed to the Arab League to stop the mobilization campaign in the media.
It urged the Cairo-based organization to help prevent the infiltration of terrorists and entry of weapons into Syrian territory.
Earlier on Saturday, Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani said he favored sending Arab troops to Syria to stop the unrest.
Sheikh Hamad was the first Arab leader to publicly call for Arab troops to be deployed in Syria, where the UN estimates more than 5,000 people have been killed in the crackdown since mid-March last year.
On Sunday, Arab League former Secretary General, Amr Moussa, called for discussing the Qatari proposal.
Moussa, who is also an Egyptian Presidential hopeful, described the Qatarai proposal as “very important”.
"The Arab League should begin to study this possibility and begin consultations on this issue”, Moussa said in Beirut on the sidelines of a U.N.-organized conference on democracy in the Arab world.